Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Capitol Reef

Two weekends ago I went with my friend Mark to Capitol Reef National Park which is about 3 hours south of Provo. We left after work Friday night and got in about 9 pm. We got there just in time to set up our little camp before it got dark. We camped that night and then started about 7 am the next morning. We hiked a few different hikes. The first was called "the frying pan", doesn't sound very appealing does it. I had talked to a couple who spends a lot of time there and that was their favorite hike. That hike ran into another hike, Cassidy Arch...we never saw an arch. We also hiked the grandwash trail and the fremont gorge overlook. It ended up being 14-15 miles. It was a great day of hiking. We returned home happy, tired, and very sunburnt.









...No, Mark is not my boyfriend :)
Still to come...last weeks Idaho and Colorado adventures






2 comments:

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

why not?!?! ;)

Rebecca said...

Yay, I didn't know you had a blog! This looks like a great hike; I'll have to check it out some day. And thanks for answering the question on everyone's minds. :)