Thursday, September 11, 2008

GEttIng MorE cOMfortAbLe

I'm back. It has been a crazy couple of weeks. I came down to Utah last week, on Labor Day. I had a great time staying with my wonderful grandma that night. She is a doll and I just love her so much. Tuesday I came down to Provo to meet with Dr. Matthews. I went all dressed up, to be professional. Well they had remodeled the whole office over the weekend and the staff was there to put things back together. It was nice to see them all in shorts. We didn't really end up meeting for training, I just helped them.

I started working Wednesday at 8:00. It was a little bit of a rough first day I guess, just trying to get everything done on time. I wasn't so sure about it all, the next couple days were better...and exhausting.

This week we worked Monday-Thursday and it has been a much better week. The first two days I were a little challenging, but after yesterday and I today, I felt like it was fun.

I have been looking for places to live. I generally leave the office anywhere between 5:45 and 7:00 and then I look place at places that have been advertised. The first promising one I saw was yesterday. It is very important for me though to meet the roomates, I really want to know who I will be living with. So far, that hasn't happened. I felt pretty good about it, but unsure. Today I looked at two more places and one of them I think I really like. It is really nice, and amazingly inexpensive compared to what I have found. The great thing is we only pay electricity, which with all the fans and the ac they never paid over $30 this summer. In the winter the furnace is gas, so we don't have to pay for that. I would just have one roomate, and the girls that are living there now raved about the ward. Said it is the best ever! It seemed like a great place. I think I will take it. One of the two girls living there are buying a house, so it will be a couple weeks before I can move in.

One of the best things about being a hygienist is 4 day work weeks. We generally are off on Wednesdays, but this week we worked Mon-Thur so I am off tomorrow. That doesn't sound so bad. I will enjoy it.

My family is coming this Saturday...we are going to the Utah State Fair. FUN!

3 comments:

california smiths said...

Good luck getting all settled, I hope you find a place that suits you. I am sure you will enjoy your roomates and ward. Provo is just the funnest place to live! Have fun cleaning teeth!

Kunz fam said...

How fun Gobingober! :) I'm glad that you are getting settled into your job and I hope that place works out for you. Have fun at the fair!

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

Yeah, that first week of work is KILLER isn't it! My body was SO SORE for like the first two weeks. Then I got used to it. Then I got laid off.....sigh. (see my blog if you haven't heard). I'm glad you're enjoying work. Miss you lots!
Heather